Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Focus - Seasonal Stampers Anonymous Stamps

Greetings and welcome!  So happy to see that you stopped back today for our Friday Focus post.  This week our Friday Focus products are the seasonal Stampers Anonymous stamps.  You can see what's available at our Friday Focus special of 15% off here.

Linda here with you this week to share a tag I made with a Tim Holtz Mini Holidays set from Stampers Anonymous.  I'm getting a double bang for my buck with this tag.  Those of you following/playing in my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style are getting a preview here as this will be my #4 tag and will be posted on my blog on Monday.  Since I've been super pressed for time, I decided to double up and use it for my Friday Focus piece also.
I'm so bad at taking photos when I am creating.  I get into that creative zone with gooey messy hands and either totally forget to pick up the camera or don't want to stop and clean my hands before I dare touch the camera.  So I never seem to have work-in-progress photos.  Fortunately, there's not much of a mystery here so not many photos are needed.  I will list the products in the thumb linkies at the bottom.  The tag is a jumbo tag from my shop, stamped in Gathered Twigs with the Wendy Vecchi gingham stamp I am so fond of (from her Nature's Art set).  I dry embossed some kraft core Core'Dinations for the red panel.  All the stamps are from the Mini Holidays set.  I made the star from a pipe cleaner and the Believe panel was created using Tim Holtz's Enameled Stamping technique (page 44 Compendium of Curiousities 2).
The corrugated cardboard flower was cut using the Tattered Pinecone die.  I cut two pieces, rolled the first and then just kept rolling with the second piece to create a fairly large flower.  Before I rolled it, I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo DI and then smeared gesso on each petal with my fingertip.  

I hope you enjoyed this tag.  If you don't already know about my 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style, you can check out the all the details on the Tag #1 post here.  I would love to have you play along.  And while you are at it, pick up some of the Tim Holtz seasonal Stampers Anonymous stamps this week at The Funkie Junkie Boutique - Friday Focus 15% off!

6 comments:

  1. Yippee!! I needed my next tag 'fix' from you and now it's come early!! Love the postcard element to this one - you've got the creative juices flowing again Linda:) Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag Linda, I especially love the star and the gorgeous double pinecone flower, it is quite stunning. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwww I love this tag
    So many details.
    It' gorgeous

    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just yummy - I love those American Primitive reds and browns, and all that gorgeous embossing! Time to start catching up with the Tags!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag,I didn't know about this, so I went back and checked your first 3 tags as well...gorgeous work!! What a fun idea, only wished my craft room was more organized (just moved) and I could join in the fun! I shared your blinkie on my blog sidebar with my friends and will be watching along with you and may have to try and get to some supplies!
    Crafty hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - love everything about it --- one gorgeous tag but everything you do is gorgeous. One of your biggest fans!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete