Thursday, September 10, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Jane!

Today we are welcoming Jane of Jane's Journal as our Guest Desginer. Jane was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Things of Wings challenge. So, without further ado let's move on to hear from Jane.


Hello I am Jane from Jane's Journal and I am delighted to be here today for the second time this year as the Guest Designer for the new challenge here at Frilly and Funkie. I live in Surrey in the UK and have been a make and do girl all my life. I work part time as an NHS physiotherapist and dabble in all things crafty in my leisure time. I have a garden studio where I can disappear to and get as inky as I like. My main love is all things papercraft and most recently mixed media and using calligraphy in my art journals. I am also a keen photographer, silversmith, cake decorator, gardener...there are never enough hours in the day are there!


For the Stamps Be Gone challenge I decided to make a spell book for my darling granddaughter, Daisy Jane. She is nearly 2 and I wanted to make her something for Halloween which she can keep and add to as she gets older. I also thought that when she is older it could even be a fun Halloween prop for her.  I have had a set of eyes in my stash for ages and remembered that in the Disney film Hocus Pocus there is a spell book with an eye on it....so that is how my design started. I tried to tone down the scaryiness a little and made the eye more of a tree elf than anything more frightening! Even the snakes I made are tame and toddler friendly. I wanted lots of texture too so that she can touch it.


The book started life as a  plain £1 hard back notebook and I have a step by step over at my blog if you would like to say how it came together. I would be delighted to see you over there. Thanks so much again for inviting me here today.

I'm sure you'll all agree that Jane's spell book it fantastic and Daisy Jane is going to love it !

If you would like to be in with the chance to join us as Guest Designer all you need to do is join in with the current challenge 'Stamps Be Gone'.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Daisy Jane is one lucky girl to have such a talented Nana who can make her something as wonderful as this! What a beautiful spell book with such imaginative embellishments. Thank you for sharing this with us. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Jane, how fantastic and a brilliant idea. Must pop over to your blog to see more.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Going over to see the details, I love the letters that you used for spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Jane, this is fan-freaking-tastic!! You really put together an amazing project, and not a stamp in sight!! I just love the textures and the wonderful creepy feel of this one, well done!! So great to have you as our guest designer today! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome, Jane! I love the eye! Your project makes me very excited to start on my Halloween projects!

    ReplyDelete