Thursday, June 8, 2017

Guest Designer - Lula Marynowska

It is time to introduce our Guest Designer for the current challenge. Please say hello and give a warm welcome to Lula Marynowska whose blog is u Luli. Lula was the top pick from the 'Put Your Inking Cap On' challenge.


My name is Lucyna Marynowska, aka Lula. I come from the north of Poland. Fifty-eight, retired widow, mum of two grown up boys and a happy grandma.

I started my crafting journey 5 years ago as a card maker and immediately became an addicted paper-lover. I enjoy creating anything from cards to altered art. I'm very keen on experimenting with various types of mediums. I love challenges to spark my creativity and making crafty friends all over the world makes me very happy.

I am thrilled to have been invited to guest design for Frilly and Funky. Thanks bunches Ladies for this opportunity!


While reading a book about ancient Rome I came across these beautiful Ancient Roman Glass Artifacts' photo.


I immediately thought about a bottle I have been hoarding for a long time and decided to alter the glass to make it older and rare.

I started with gluing the chipboard letters and some microbeads to the surface I used soft gel matte medium. Next step was giving a solid coat of white gesso to the whole bottle. When it was dry I coloured all with dylusions acrylic paints and ink sprays. I also rubbed some metallic gilding wax on. To finish off I added some texture stamping and some metal junk from my drawers.

Hope you like it!

Crafty hugs from Lula!

* * *
To get more details on how Lula altered this gorgeous bottle, pop over to her blog.

Once you have checked it out, come on back and share the creation you have made from a photo that inspired you. The 'You're My Inspiration' challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55 pm EST on June 20th.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful altered bottle Lula! That mix of colours is just divine! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lula, like is not a strong enough word for how I feel about this beautiful bottle! I adore it sweetie! Your inspiration is evident in the amazing layers of paint/patina you achieved. Truly fabulous and will be a great display! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing this inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lula, your altered bottle is stunning - wonderful texture, beautiful colours - an amazing transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOWWWW, Lula! You have really captured the texture and patina of a rare artifact! Your colors are so rich, and adding the quote was such a genius idea--love this to bits! Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us today and being our Guest Designer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bottle! The texture and patina is fabulous! Thank you for Guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness but this is gorgeous! The texture, the patina, the gorgeous details. I could imagine this lovely bottle sitting on Cleopatra's dressing table. Thanks for being our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great idea! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Wow! You have a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete